Mindfulness retreat in Adelaide
April 24 @ 3:00 pm - April 26 @ 4:00 pm
You are invited to join us for a residential retreat in the Plum Village Tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. Please find below retreat and registration details:
Douglas Scrub (near McLaren Vale), set in beautiful natural bushland about 55 minutes’ drive from Adelaide CBD.
Friday 24 April to Sunday 26 April, 2020.
Led by Senior Monastics
The retreat will be led by monastic sisters Thuong Nghiem and Chung Nghiem from Stream-Entering Monastery (Nhap Luu) in Victoria, Australia and brother Phap Hai who is based at Deer Park Monastery in the US.
Australian by birth, Brother Phap Hai is a senior Dharma Teacher who leads retreats and workshops in various countries. He is known for his ability to convey important teachings in an accessible and humorous manner. His book Nothing To It: ten ways to be at home with yourself was published in 2015 by Parallax Press.
- Arrival and reception: 3pm to 4pm on Friday 24 April. Departure 4pm Sunday 26 April.
- The program includes: Orientation to Plum Village practice, guided and silent sitting meditation sessions, Dharma talks by the senior monastics, walking meditation, gentle ‘Ten Mindful Movements’, guided ‘total relaxation’, and of course mindful eating of vegan meals. Catering is by Jessie and Kamilah of Squatters Catering Services.
- Program document: Registrants will receive a detailed program as soon as it is finalised with the monastic sisters and brothers.
- All are welcome: Newcomers to this tradition, and people of all cultural backgrounds and faiths, are welcome.
Children are welcome at this family retreat. There will be special activities for them at certain times each day. The safe, imaginative activities will encourage mindful concentration. They will help the children to appreciate our inter-being with each other and the natural world.
Accommodation is in dormitories of four or six bunk beds. Male and female adult accommodation areas are separate.
Registrations are now open!
Thanks to the many people who have already expressed interest in attending the retreat. This email announces the opening of the Registration period. Below we explain fees, and how to register and pay.
Full adult: $225.
Concession (students and recipients of Centrelink payments): $200.
Teenager aged 13-17: $150.
Child aged 5-12 years: $70.
Child under 5 years: Free.
We would like all registrations and fee payments to be completed by 10 April.
How to register
Please email us at [email protected] with the following information for each retreatant (including children):
Name of retreatant: …………………………
For adults, please indicate the age range you fall into: 18-25; 26-40; 41-70; over 70: …………………………
For a child or teenager, please give exact age: …………………………
Special needs? (e.g. dietary; physical assistance): …………………………
Have you practised in the Plum Village Tradition before?: …………………………
Are you new to mindfulness meditation practice in any form?: …………………………
How to pay
- As soon as possible after your registration email is sent, please deposit the total amount of your fee
(and child’s/children’s fee) into the following bank account, giving your name in the ‘reference’ field:
Account number: 158771113
Account name: Plum Village South Australia
Bank name: Bendigo Bank
- Please let us know by email when you have made the payment, for whom, and how much.
- We would like all fee payments to be completed by 10 April. No refunds will be available after 10 April.
‘Welcome to the Retreat’ confirmation email
After we have received your registration email and payment, we will send you a confirmation email along with any updated information and program details. If you have registered a child or teenager under 18 years of age, we’ll tell you more about the Children’s Program once it’s finalised. We’ll also confer with you about accommodation arrangements for younger children and parents.
Please come and share this wonderful opportunity
Experienced and new practitioners alike will benefit from the peaceful practices and each other’s mindful presence. It will be a joyous and nourishing weekend. We hope you can come!
The Plum Village SA retreat working group